Too Tuti Fruity
Some people like starters, others (for example the dude) are more into their mains* but im definitely a dessert person. Can somebody please explain to me what fruit has to do with dessert? It goes together like lamb and tuna fish. Why people insist on putting fruit into ice-cream, biscotti and chocolate are out of their element, and they deserve the death penalty. It spoils the entire dessert. What I need to stress to people is that fruit and dessert are two completely separate entities. Anybody doing accountancy should certainly understand the importance of not mixing up separate entities. Somebody who I respect greatly as on the great comical minds of our generation put it brilliantly - "People that mix fruit and ice-cream in the same bowl have really given up on life!" credited to Jordan Eckowitz.
Please don't get confused about the point I'm making. I am certainly not saying that you cannot eat fruit after a meal, all I'm saying is that it should not be acceptedly classified as a dessert. The healthy aspect that fruit has proves my point. You just know that when you're told there is going to a "healthy dessert" it's going to be terrible. Why bother?
Another favourite observation of mine relating to this topic is when people eat terribly unhealthy foods for starters/mains and then in some completely oblivious, naive and illogical self justification order a "healthy dessert" or a coffee with skim milk. Its just one of those cases where it doesn't balance out. How can supposedly intelligent human beings equate finishing off a meal with skim coffee to being an acceptable way to stay healthy....
I'm done ranting for one night, im gonna go eat strawberry ice-cream and goto bed.
*For many years the Dude actually considered third and four helpings of mains as a dessert of sort.







May 12, 2008 at 9:04 PM
You grow up, you work half a century, you get a golden handshake, you rest a couple of years and you’re dead. And the only thing that makes that crazy ride worthwhile is ‘Did I enjoy it? What did I learn? What was the point?’ That’s where I come in. You’ve seen how I react to people, make them feel good, make them think that anything’s possible. If I make them laugh along the way, sue me. And I don’t do it so they turn round and go ‘Thank you David for the opportunity, thank you for the wisdom, thank you for the laughs.’ I do it so, one day, someone will go ‘There goes David Brent. I must remember to thank him.’