Could I get that in a size "regular" please?
I like to consider myself as something of a fast food expert. This achievement puts me in a very elite group. I'm up there with the likes of the guy from super-size me, Peech and Ronald Macdonald.
The routine of ordering food from places such as Steers, Nando's and Maccie D's has become as straight forward as memorizing pi to 82 digits for me. Although all of this may be true there is still a certain area that I always struggle with:
Any fast food expert should know that the sides are an integral part of any meal.
The question is what does the term "regular" mean?
Google's online dictionary service gives this definition for the term "regular"
In accordance with fixed order or procedure or principle; "regular meals".
It should be clear to anybody, including those who have started fast food joints that "Regular" should be size medium.
So where does the confusion come in?
To prove to myself that I'm not going completely crazy and to bring it up as a legitimate concern affecting the fast-food eating community as a whole I logged onto www.mrdelivery.com and behold the results proved what I've always known.
I compared three well known restaurants. Lets call these places, ChickenAways, Nandof and Pizza unPerfect.
Difficult for me to understand why, but it seems each restaurant had a slightly different interpretation of the term "regular."
ChickenAways chooses to use "regular" in place for their medium sides (correctly),
Nandof, had an entirely different interpretation and chose it to mean small; and lastly
Pizza unPerfect used it to classify their large sides.
This may not bother some people but for me it extends to an issue for more important than fast-food. The issue is the education of the entire country. We are not exactly interpreting the bible, John Milton, or Shakespeare.
Since I've been practicing my poetic skills, inspired by the greats such as Chaucer, Cummins and Yeats to mention a few; I will end of my blog with a poem about the topic.
If did I, come hither
to MacDonalds
with mediumness clouding my
hungry mind
would my words betray me?
Or should i recieve the largeness
of my McFries?
When all such Hope
in the intellect
of Human-beings
is somenothing that cannot
be perceived
Maybe I'll get suprised
and the reuglar side
may come just the right
Size for me.







May 6, 2008 at 7:49 PM
Ok, so I've read these 'Rants and raves". I guess now I'm just waiting for this supposed "good comment"...
May 7, 2008 at 8:46 AM
hmmm...
I've been aware about looking for things that deserve praise but as yet nothing has caught my eye.
Within the next 3 posts there will definitely one good comment at least.
May 7, 2008 at 8:20 PM
Ha ha ha. Well just remember, eagles may soar high... but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines.